August 9, 2007

Let It Snow!


The heat and humidity here is just awful. It has been in the 90's and it feels like you step into a sauna the moment you open the door or go outside. We have been spending a great deal of time indoors. The kids break into a sweat from only being outside and not even exerting themselves. They want a drink as soon as we get out and then we have to treck right back in. I know it's summer and with summer there is warm weather, but this is getting to be old already. So to cool off I made a cute little chilly Christmas card.
As soon as I saw the sketch challenge on SCS I knew what set I wanted to use. I love my scallop punch and I have to pull it out on a daily basis just because I now own one. I used Punch Pals and All in a Row for the card. The Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegrante is textured cardstock. I layered Basic Gray under the Pomegranate and I am in love with this gray color. It goes so well with everything. I used the Basic Gray ink to add my "faux" stitching to the edges of my cardstock. I really like this effect. Unlike Beate I wasn't brave enough to do the stamping around the curve of my cut on my Soft Sky Designer series paper.
I love that the Punch Pals set works with so many of the punches I own. As you see I have used my Scallop Punch, 1 1/4" cirlce Punch, 3/4" circle punch and Word Window. The images also coordinate with the tag punch, Three for You punch box and many others. I used a lot of colors with my AquaPainter to color in the penguin, trees and presents. The main colors for the penguin were Going Gray and Basic Gray. I was afraid he'd look too drab, but I wanted a more realistic penguin for this card.
It's been a long day and I'm looking forward to some fun stamping day ahead. I finished both of my Control Freaks swaps and have them boxed up and ready to go. I stamped 87 cards if I remember correctly. It is a HUGE box, but I had fun. But now that I have my obligations complete I can stamp just for me again. It is a huge relief to have them done before we head out on vacation next week.
I might now be able to post while on vacation. I'm not planning on taking my laptop and I don't know what type of computer situation I have available, so I may be MIA. I promise to update until we leave though.
Jenn

7 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, I love how your card came out. Have fun on your vacation!

I only participated in one of the big swaps. I didn't want to wear myself out. You are brave!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Do the Control Freaks card swaps get posted online for viewing anywhere? I've always been curious to see these swaps since I know there is much talent in all of the participants:)
Just curious...would love to see samples if they're online somwhere:)

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card! Love how you worked it all with the sketch! Congrats on getting your swaps done and enjoy your free stamping time! You still have some more time to make and show us stuff before you leave! ;-)

Karen said...

Love your little penguin 87 cards,,,wow!

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is adorable, love the touch of blue and of course one of those great penguins.

Heather P. said...

What a pretty card! Love it!!

emily said...

so stinkin' cute! thanks for sharing!
emily
www.3peasinapoddesigns.blogspot.com