August 4, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Halloween has to be one of my favorite holidays, next to Thanksgiving. What is better than walking door to door and getting free candy and goodies. Now that I have two young boys they can collect the candy for me! Hahahaha!
I am playing around with my newest stamp set that will not be available until September 1st in the Holiday Mini Collection. It is called Autumn Apparations and happens to be the set I signed up in my latest Control Freaks Swap. I can "see" the possibility of making this my swap card, but the cutting is a little intensive. I'll continue to play around until I make my final decision.
The colors on this card remind me so much of fall and I see my next few orders being for a lot of Earth Elements cardstock. Number 1 on that order is going to be some more of the fabulous textured cardstock. Anyway, the colors I used for cardstock are Old Olive, Basic Black, More Mustard, Really Rust, Very Vanilla and a nice tiny piece of Apple Cider Designer Series Paper. Why so tiny? Simply because I can only Preorder 1 of each item from the Holiday Mini Collection and if I turn this into a 37 person swap I like to be able to put all of the same paper on my cardfronts.
I got this sketch from this week's sketch on Card Positioning Systems and it is sketch #24. I absolutely LOVE this sketch and I can see myself referring back to it a lot. I wheeled my Autumn Leaves wheel in Old Olive on my cardstock base, used Polka Dots on my More Mustard layer in the same color ink, and stamped Happy Halloween in Basic Black. The cat is also stamped in Basic black and is cut out like the pumkin and popped up on dimensionals. I did color my pumpkin with my Stampin' Write Markers in Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie so that I could use two different colors.
Well it's about time to make dinner. Have a nice relaxing Saturday. We are taking full advantage of this "cold" front before it gets back to 94 tomorrow.
Jenn

7 comments:

Karen said...

This is awesome. Love the font of the "Happy Halloween"

Tara said...

I love Halloween too...what a great card!! I love that black cat!

Terry said...

Who doesn't love Halloween? It's my favorite too! Wow, I wasn't going to order that set, but now I may have to. Great card and I like the layout also. You rock!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love the layout and of course that cat.

Heather P. said...

What a great card... LOVE this layout! :)

Tandra said...

Another awesome card for Halloween!! super cute!! That cat rocks!!

ct said...

awesome! Christine