August 10, 2007

For You



I tend to do more Card Sketch Challenges than any out there. I like experimenting with different layouts to see which ones I like the best and sketch challenges are fun because some of the hard work is already done for me. This is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge.

I had my sketch challenge in hand and I knew I wanted to use my LeJardin papers, so the card just sort of fell together from there. I used River Rock, Basic Gray (did I tell you it was my new favorite neutral?), Soft Sky and Very Vanilla along with a piece of LeJardin designer series paper. From there my stamp set of choice was very easy? Since LeJarding coordinates so well with Carte Postal I immediately reached for it. I stamped the small flower in River Rock over the base of my card. I then thought about using the other flower image in this stamp set but it didn't seem large enough for my main image panel so I grabbed the Level II hostess set Garden Silhouettes. I think that this flower image resembles Carte Postal a lot and goes very nicely with the size of the image panel.

To stamp my image I inked it up in Old Olive and Regal Rose stampin' write markers. I stamped my main image once with the freshly inked image and then twice more right after it had been stamped off. I think it has a very feminine vintage feel. I then stamped "Carte Postal" in Basic Gray and added a Photo Corner in Basic Gray cardstock. I stapled the corner on instead of using brads. I then stamped "For You" from Fundamental Phrases in Blue Bayou and then stamped off the Fluer de Lis (I think that is what it is, correct me if I am wrong) in River Rock before stamping it over my sentiment. I then punched it out with my 1 3/8" circle punch and layered it on a Basic Gray scallop before stapling on a piece of Basic Gray taffeta ribbon. The circles are set up on dimensionals.

I do have a few things to update today. Last week I posted my ATC box holder and a blog candy contest for those who completed the box. I got a few comments on liking the tutorial, but no completed boxes. I will save my blog candy and post it while I am on vacation. That way you will get some of my overloaded supplies and I'll have some cleaned up stamping space when I get home. LOL!

Secondly, someone asked if the Control Freak swap cards are posted online anywhere. ChiChi Allen has some of the Fall-Winter Preview Swaps posted on her blog. Here is the card I made for the swap. I also know that in the past the swap cards have been posted on SUDSOL. You can find that by clicking on the blinkie in my sidebar. You do have to be a member to view the gallery, but it is a great tool for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. Most of the swap cards are posted by the Control Freaks swap members in their SCS galleries too! So they are out there for all of you to see.

Jenn

8 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, this is absolutely stunning! I love all the details, the stamps you used, the colors you chose.

So you like Basic Gray better then Chocolate chip? I still haven't bought that paper. I forgot! It's definitely going to be on my next order now.
Have a great weekend! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Hugs and smiles

CAKVD said...

Hi Jenn,
I just linked my ATC box to your tutorial post. Am I too late?? I hope not!! Thanks!
Cheryl KVD

Angie Tieman said...

Nice job on the sketch challenge! Love how your flowers look, and especially love the scallop circle with the ribbon behind it, it looks so French!

mum on the run said...

Great card, love what you did with Beate's sketch!! The flowers are fab!!

Lori said...

Pretty! I like the details you added to the floral image.

Shannon McGann said...

Beautiful card! I love the 3-D flowers you added. It gives the card that extra little something!

Rein said...

This is beautiful, love how you did the flowers.

Heather P. said...

This is SOOOOO pretty!! That stamped image is fantastic! :)