August 28, 2007

The First Noel


This is the very first card I made with Big On Christmas. I knew I wanted this set the minute it came out, but I still don't really own it. I have this set, like a lot of them, on loan from my mom and sister. I started out with an entirely different idea about this card and this is what I ended up with.


The colors are from today's color combination and are Purely Pomegranate, Pretty in Pink and Old Olive. The base of the card is 5 1/4" square made from Purely Pomegranate cardstock. I have a 5" X 2" piece of Old Olive cardstock that I stamped with the Linen background stamp and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink. The right side is a piece of Pretty in Pink that is 5" X 3 1/4". I stamped it with Tres Chic in Pretty in Pink and again sponged the edges. When I was done I used SNAIL to attach the two pieces together (they overlap by 1/4"). I then ran them through my sewing machine instead of pulling out All in a Row again. The center panel changed shapes and stamp sets several times. I finally decided to turn it into a Christmas card and I think it looks pretty even though the colors are a little non-traditional.


Noel is stamped on Whisper White in Jetblack Stazon. I used my AquaPainter to color the letters and ornament in with Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Purely Pomegranate and gave the top a bit of Summer Sun on the hook piece. I colored another ornament, cut it out and layered it with dimensionals. I also used a bit of Bashful Blue to outline the letters and ornament. I then tied on a piece of Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon. Finally to finish off the card I added 2 flowers in Purely Pomegranate from the Three For You Punch and added silver brads in the center.

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love that you used pink. How wonderful that you and your sister and Mom can share stamps.

Jen said...

When I saw that color challenge I totally didn't think Christmas, but I love your card! The colors go along with the feel of that stamp set very well. And how nice of your family to share stamps!

Angie Tieman said...

I love, love, love it! I knew I wanted this set immediately too, but thought it could wait awhile since it was Christmas. Now you've convinced me, it's going on my order this month! =)