August 27, 2007

Fabulously Irresistable


A few days ago I asked on my 25K Blog candy post what some of your favorite Color Combinations are. I don't ask questions just to get you to post. I honestly want to know. Jackie W said that her favorite color combination was from a Level 3 Simply Scrappin' Kit and was surprised that it's not on the Stampin' Up! In Color Chart. Her color combination was Purely Pomegranate, Mellow Moss, Soft Sky and Groovy Guava. That is what I used on this card.





This card meet several challenges and it is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge, Jackie W's Color Combination and Try a New Technique on SCS.





This card has a 5 1/4 X 10 1/2 base and is 5 1/4 square when folded. The Mellow Moss layer is a 5" square and I stamped Tres Chic in Mellow Moss before sponging the edges in the same color adn using the ticket corner punch on it. I added a strip of Soft Sky Designer Series paper that is 4 7/8" X 2 1/2" and I stamped each of the sides with my All in a Row Argyle in Basic Gray to add Faux Stitching. The bottom corners are also punched with the ticket corner punch. The Groovy Guava strip is 5" X 1 1/2" and is stamped with the Linen background stamp in Groovy Guava and then the edges are stamped with the All in a Row polka dot stamp. I tied a piece of Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon around the strip. I really love the Taffeta Ribbon and I have to get some more of the colors. The circle elements are made from my Scallop Punch in Purely Pomegranate and each scallop is stamped with the asterix from All in a Row in Whisper White Craft ink and layered with 1 1/4" circle in Mellow Moss that was stamped in Versamark with one of the flowers from Fabulous Flowers. I cut off part of each circle element to line it up with the background of my card base.





The main image layer uses a piece of Glossy White cardstock that is 3" X 3 1/2". I stamped the various flowers from Fabulous Flowers in Soft Sky, Groovy Guava and Mellow Moss. I then stamped the largest bloom in Versamark and heat embossed it with Crystal Clear Embossing Powder with my heat gun. After it was cool I brayered over the image in Purely Pomegranate ink until I was satisfied with the deepness of the color. Taking a tissue I wiped the ink off of my embossed image before adhering it to a piece of Groovy Guava and then Basic Gray cardstock. Each layer is 1/8" larger than the original. I used the ticket corner punch on each of the corners of the top two layers, and then added Vintage brads to finish off the layer.





Using my large oval punch I added the sentiment layer from Priceless that was stamped in Mellow Moss on Glossy White cardstock. I then used SNAIL adhesive to adhere it to a scrap piece of Mellow Moss cardstock and freehanded with my paper snips around the edge. This layer is set up on dimensionals.





I really like how this color combination worked out and thanks to Jackie for suggesting it!

4 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, this card is AMAZING! I love all the detail and will definitely jot down Jackie's color combo. It looks wonderful on your card!
Hugs!

Denise said...

Love this card!

Flossie's Follies said...

What a lovely card, I would not think to put those colors together.

emily said...

such a pretty color combo! i'm going to have to try this one out! and i'm loving the flower :)
emily