August 24, 2007

Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Yesterday we had several Thunderstorms come through out area, flooding our neighborhood, taking out flag poles, privacy fences and trees. We even ended up in the basement for a bit when the Tornado sirens sounded and a storm was showing severe rotation in the clouds. A few power surges later and our desktop hard drive got zapped and bit the dust. Unfortunately that means that my computer I use to download camera images is being restored at this point in time so I don't know if I'll be able to get a card up today or not. Sadly I lost my pictures I took of Colin on his first day of school this year. Our computer backs everything up to an external hard drive at midnight but the storms hit around 8:30 pm. We got 3 inches of rain and are expecting the same today. Many schools are closed due to extensive storm damage and luckily we escaped most of it, some of our neighbors are not so lucky.


Tomorrow I plan to make up for a lack of a project today with a tutorial on how to make my Daily Notes pad with pen. Cross your fingers that everything works out and have a great Friday!

Jenn

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your photos... I know how tough that is! We had a house fire 10 years ago, and lost so much... Things can be replaced, but photos are priceless.