August 22, 2007

Dare to be Fabulous!



I am home from vacation and we are jumping head on right into the school year. Colin had his 1st day of his second year of preschool today and I can tell he is happy to be back with his friends. He isn't talking my ear off nearly as much as he normally does. Evan is still adjusting to the time change and was up before 6 am this morning. All in all we had a good time, but I am glad to be home with no airplane rides in our immediate future, as a family at least. For those of you who have braved two hour flights with young children you must know what this is like. Colin loved the entire trip, but melted down near the end after many early mornings and late evenings without nearly enough sleep. Evan was not too thrilled with take offs and landings and we rode on 4 seperate planes so we had our share of those. I'll be sure to share a few pictures here and there as the week goes on. I am downloading them all right now and hopefully I can get prints soon to start my vacation scrapbook. We spent several days in South Tahoe, California, Reno and Carson City, Nevada and ended up in Truckee, California after a house fire burnt down about 15 acres of forest and closed the roads around the lake. We also took a Gondola ride up the side of the moutains to 9,000 + feet.





I made this card before I left for vacation. Roger was running a few last minute errands and the kids were asleep. I had to stamp at least one more card before I called it quits for almost a week. This uses the colors from Color Combo 127, which was Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand and uses the same sketch as in my post before vacation. I used Fabulous Flowers to make this card and outlined each petal in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The glitter does not photograph well at all, but I promise it looks fabulous in real life.



Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, All in a Row
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou (regular and textured), Sahara Sand
Ink: Blue Bayou. Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Blue Bayou Double Stitched ribbon, 2 Way Glue, Dazzing Diamonds, Ticket Corner Punch, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Well Said Cards said...

Great color combo and the design is beautiful!

beate said...

You are HOME! Wohoo! Missed ya!
You start posting with a BANG again! Gorgeous card, Jenn!

Hey....lots of us are going to Portland. No, it's not close to me, but who cares. Are you coming?
Hugs and smiles

Flossie's Follies said...

Love this card, the color combo, my 4 planes don't kow how you did it.

Becky said...

You're home! YAY! Drew starts school next week... So exciting.

Well hopefully things will calm down and I will try and give you a call. I miss chatting with ya.

Oh and of course, beautiful card. I love the colors together. Very nice!

Heather P. said...

Hey! Welcome back!!! :)

Love this card... The colors are so fun!

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card!! Love the sparkle! Welcome back from vacation too, we missed you! Glad school got off to a good start!

Michelle said...

AWESOME! Love this flower done in blue!

SpAzzGiRL said...

Love the card, definitely fabulous!