August 11, 2007

Butterfly Garden


I've mentioned over the last week that we are taking a family vacation. We are going to visit my great uncle who lives in Reno, but we are actually staying at my parent's time share in South Tahoe. The vacation has been in the planning for months and for whatever reason I didn't think to check school schedules before we decided to go away. I just thought of that a few day ago, and of course we are flying back on the first day of school. Colin doesn't seem too upset that he will miss his 1st day back, but I feel like this is something I should have looked into months ago. Oh, well.


After going to pay our first months preschool tution we ran a few errands, went out to lunch and I got a head start on dinner before I sat down to do Jen's sketch challenge. I love her blog i {heart} 2 stamp, and you can often find a sketch challenge here on weekends. I knew I wanted to use Soft Sky and Basic Gray. I mentioned that it is now my favorite neutral, but I can't say that it replaces Chocolate Chip for me yet, but maybe it will.


I started with a Close to Cocoa base and then I have a layer of Groovy Guava over that and I stamped it with Adia Cloth. I then layered Basic Black and Soft Sky and used the largest swirl in Priceless to stamp a pattern onto the layer. From there I used Basic Gray and Soft Sky designer series paper and I added a row of vintage brads to the left hand side of this layer. After I had all of these layers together I used SNAIL to adhere them together. I then took my Crop-a-Dile on settings A1 to dry emboss the 3 dots above and below the Soft Sky designer series paper layer. Lastly I added the Groovy Guava butterflies onto my Whisper White layer that is matted on Basic Black. I stamped them twice onto the layer and then twice onto a piece of scrap paper. I added the sentiment in Close to Cocoa. I used my paper snips to cut the two scrap butterflies out and then folded them in the middle to make them have a bit of dimension. I adhered them with a glue line that I found at Michael's. It works much like the glue dots, but comes in strips that are nice and skinny. I think it works pretty well for the small bodies of the butterflies. When I had them in place I pressed them onto the paper with my tweezers to make the wings pop.


All in all I am very pleased with this card. I love the colors together and it all fell so nicely together.
Jenn

10 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

beautiful,love the color combo

Jen del Muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

LOVE those colors and all your details are simply spectacular!

Angie Tieman said...

Girl, you have been stamping your heart out! (get it? hee! hee!) I love your card! That sketch is neat, thanks for posting that link, I'll have to give it a try!

Toni said...

I love this card! That is my favorite set right now, and I love butterflies!

beate said...

Jenn, you are a stamping MACHINE! LOVE all your cards, including this one.
Have a wonderful vacation! Hugs!

Becky G (tggrfriend) said...

Jenn, love this card! Those butterflies are the best! Love the colors!

Marie said...

I love this card and the colors are perfect! TFS

stampinat6213 said...

WOW! I just LOVE this card! The colors are so fresh and cheerful! The layout is spectacular! Thank you for sharing your talents ... great blog!

Tracy said...

I just love how this turned out! It's so elegant and classy.

Heather P. said...

This is fast becoming one of my favorite color combos... There's just something so pretty about Soft Sky, Groovy Guava and Basic Gray! :)