August 2, 2007

Box Tutorial and Blog Candy



I felt so bad for not posting yesterday that I decided turn my version of the ATC Box into a tutorial for all of you. I was stamping away to get my 1st set of swap cards done before my preorder arrives tomorrow so I can get started on the second set. I can't wait to have a chance to play with my new Punch Box and Autumn Apparations stamp set.


First you will need the following supplies:
1 piece of cardstock 4 1/2" X 5 3/4" for the bottom of the box
1 piece of cardstock 8 1/8" X 5 3/4" for the top
1 piece designer series paper the same measurements as the top (optional)
Paper trimmer
Scoring Tool
Sticky Strip
Ribbon
Stamps and Embellishments for the top





Using your paper trimmer and your 5 3/4" by 4 1/2" piece of paper score each side of the paper at 1".








Clip the inside corners to make the box flaps.









Trim a little bit off of each corner so that when you fold your box the tops line up evenly. About 1/16" to 1/8" is perfect.

Use your bone folder to fold all of the creases.













Adhere sticky strip to the flaps.












Form the bottom of your box











Score your piece of cardstock for the top at 1/2", 1 9/16", 4 5/16" and 5 3/8". Use your bone folder to crease all of your score lines










Adhere your designer series paper to your top and rescore. Glue sticks work the best as glue gives the most when folding.










Add a strip of sticky strip to your top and form your box.











Decorate the top with a piece of ribbon and a tag.


I would love to see your version of the ATC box. Simply post your creations in the comment area. I will leave this open until next Friday and I will use Random.org to pick one person to send a surprise to in the mail.

Have fun creating!

Jenn

7 comments:

Heather P. said...

Great tutorial! Love your ATC box! :)

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome idea! I'll print it and hope to case it someday.

Here's the link to my gallery:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=73953

Michelle said...

What a great tutorial! TFS!

Tandra said...

Great Tutorial ! Great box!!!

CAKVD said...

Hello! Awesome tutorial! I made my box, here it is:

http://cakvd2.blogspot.com/2007/08/stamp-your-heart-out-box.html

Thanks so much! It was lots of fun!
Cheryl KVD

Gina Wrona said...

I was on vacation when you were supposed to use random org to pick a winner. Did I win? wink, wink.

Mel M. M. M. said...

Absolutely adorable box and the perfect tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing it! :O)