August 3, 2007

Absolutely Fabulous


I just got around to doing another Dare To Get Dirty Challenge over at SCS. They challenges are up until late August, so if you missed any, and I certainly did, there is still time to complete them and check out the fabulous gallery along with it. This is for Lauren's aka MyTime sketch challenge. I had started out on a completely different route and when it came time to assemble my card I changed the image panel. I had tried to use In the Spotlight but it just wasn't working for me. I think it was too busy and I tend to lean towards nice and neat. My carstock is Wild Wasbi, Very Vanilla, River Rock and Blue Bayou textured cardstock. I used Purely Pomegranate for the flowers. I am so happy with my new punch box, I can already tell I will be using it a lot.
I stamped the dot from the Three for You Punch Box in Wild Wasabi and then opted for the smaller Polka Dots from the new background in River Rock. I then stamped the flower from Heartfelt Thanks in Groovy Guava, used a baby wipe to clean off the stem and then used my Wild Wasabi stampin' spot to ink the stem. The 2 step coordinating stamp is in Purely Pomegranate and I should have used my Baby wipe again and a deeper green color, but I will if I remake the card. Then I'd probably use Old Olive or Always Artichoke to color the tiny stem in. The sentiment is from Absolutely Fabulous and I adore that stamp set. The script and sayings are just perfect. To give my flowers more dimension I punched them out, stabbed them in the center with my stylus and then added a touch of white gel pen before I used glue dots to adhere them to the card. I really like this color combo and layout so I am sure I will be using it again.
Jenn
PS. I couldn't just leave you with my CASE'd cards so you lucked out with a few projects today.

2 comments:

Heather P. said...

Great card, Jenn... LOVE the color combo. :)

Flossie's Follies said...

What a great card, love the polka dots and flowers