July 5, 2007

The Weather Outside



is frightfully hot! Today was a good day to be inside with the air conditioning on. Today was supposed to be a day to kick back and relax and it turned into an errand filled go until you drop day. I finally now just had a chance to stamp after the kids were to bed and hubby had to run to the hardware store for a lock to the backyard gate. Evan has learned to escape, and that is not a good thing at all.

Anyway, my friend Becky and I were talking on the phone and she inquired what InColor combination would make a good Christmas card, so I put this together for her. The cardstock and ink colors are Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Whisper White and JetBlack Stazon. I used my AquaPainter and re-inkers to color my image in. I had originally used the Christmas trees, but I didn't like my shading so in a last ditch effort to save the card I went with the snowmen instead. I stamped the background image from the set and lined it up using my Stamp-a-ma-jig. It is a very useful tool especially when it came to stamping the sentiment. The sentiment in Festive Favorites is 3 lines and is block shaped. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stretch it out under the main stamped image. The Way to Use It Challenge today is to use ribbon, so I added some Silver Organdy ribbon that I wove under the image by punching a slot into each side of the framed image and then tying it off with a bow.

It has been a long day, so I'll keep this post short and sweet. I hope you all have a great evening and I hope to get a lot of stamping accomplished tomorrow.

Jenn

4 comments:

Heather said...

This is a great card! Love the color combo. :)

Becky said...

Those colors look great together!! Thanks!!

I am still having a hard time deciding on what I want my Christmas cards to look like. I'm afraid that the winter mini will make my decision harder, but I guess I can have 3 different kinds of cards, huh. :-)

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card! I love your snowmen! I could look at Christmas stuff all year, I never get tired of it!

beate said...

Jenn, your card is gorgeous! Absolutely love everything on it!