July 12, 2007

Unproductive Stamping Day

What is up? I got 10 new stamp sets and 2 new wheels in the last two days and I cannot create anything I like. Today I attempted to do the Sketch Challenge and pitched my unfinished project and then I wanted to make a slider card and I chose all of the wrong colors. But I had to post something so here is the only thing I finished today and I don't like it one bit. I like the layout and concept, and of course those are both not mine. I think it was Yvette (I don't have my swap in front of me, so I"m sorry if I am wrong) that sent in a slider card for the Control Freaks swap and I wanted to learn how to make one so I had my wonderful upline teach me and now I'm stuck. Does anyone have suggestions on where to go with this card? I'm open to any and I'll gladly repost the remade card, but my Stampin' inspiration bug has left the house.


I used Blue Bayou and River Rock for the cardstock with a piece of Whisper White for the butterfly from Garden Whimsy that is stamped in Purely Pomegranate. I used Absolutely Fabulous and All in a Row as well and those are stamped in Blue Bayou. The Whimsy Wheel was done in River Rock. I think I might have used too much River Rock. Other accessories included Stampin' Around Wheel Guide, Crafter's Tool kit, Silver Eyelets, 1/8" hole punch, dimensionals, glue dot and black gingham ribbon.

Hopefully tomorrow I can churn out a project that we will all like.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that is really cool!

Heather said...

I'm in a bit of a slump right now too, so I feel your pain. :)

I think the butterfly is gorgeous and the slider card is so fun! I don't really have a suggestion (I never seem to be any help...LOL). Maybe just changing the color of the panel the butterfly is on will give it a different look?

Melissa said...

I think it looks wonderful! The only thing I would have done different is trim the butterfly closer so there's no white on the edges, maybe do the middle butterfly black.

Anonymous said...

I think I might add some flowers - after all butterflies are attracted by coloured flowers - might bring it together a little more although I like the concept and I think with a few bright touches could be quite stunning