July 10, 2007

Stamping Therapy



I had a fun stamping day today with my upline Terry. We got 3 projects done and would have probably completed more had I not had to go to pick up the boys for Colin's 2nd day of T-ball practice. I can get lost in time when I am stamping and it is so much more fun when you actually get to stamp with another person. Thank you Terry for a wonderful project filled day and for lunch!

This is a One Sheet Box and you can find a wonderful tutorial from Beate for it on Splitcoaststampers. I am not good at folding projects, and I am sure that Terry can attest to that, especially when she asked if I was getting it and I replied with an exasperated "No!". But with her help I got my sides folded and I think the project turned out really cute. We used Blue Bayou for the box and layered it with Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava and Whisper White. The flowers are stamped in Jetblack Stazon and colored in with AquaPainters. There is a rhinestone brad from the Ice collection in the middle of the flower. The oval punch is from Marvy Uchida, but we made made our own scallop layer with the retired corner rounder punch and the 1/8" hole punch. Happy Birthday is from It's Your Birthday and is also stamped in Jetblack Stazon. To finish the project off we used a Crop-a-dile to punch the holes and closed the box with black gingham ribbon.

3 comments:

beate said...

Jenn, you ask Jenn Balcer and she can attest to that it took me for freaking ever to memorize how the side folds go! LOL
I love your box. It's beautiful. I love the sets you used, the color combos...everything.
Looks like we both had a great stamping day.
Hugs and smiles

Angie Tieman said...

Very cool! I've never tried one of those. Love your watercoloring too! Sounds like a great day, the best kind!

Heather said...

This is SO pretty! Love that stamped image and the colors you used. :)