July 3, 2007

Raindrops on Roses



and whiskers on kittens . . . These are a few of My Favorite Things. Today was a nice happy mail day. I found these images from My Favorite Things, thanks to Kathy, just waiting to be colored in and made into a card. I decided to go with the color combo for today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, which was Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip. Anyone who knows me would be shocked to know that one of my favorite color combinations is Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip. I am so not a pink person and much prefer the blue hues, but I even surprised myself.
I colored in my image with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I LOVE them! I am so glad I own all of the color families, but I tend to hoard them and not share. I of course had to use my AquaPainter as well. I have never watercolored with a regular brush, why would I when I have this handy tool right at my fingertips. I stamped my Paisley background stamp in Pretty in Pink on matching cardstock and then I used my white gel pen to highlight some of the pattern and soften it up a bit. I then layered a piece of Old Olive that I paper pierced and added faux stitching with my basic black Stampin' Write marker. I layered the My Favorite Things image on Old Olive, which is also paper pierced and faux stitched, and then added another layer of Chocolate Chip. The entire layer is popped up on dimensionals. The sentiment is from Greetings Galore and is stamped in Old Olive before being punched out with my small oval punch and is matted on Chocolate Chip that was punched with my large oval punch. I thought about using other embellishments but I like the simplicity of the layout.
I don't know if I will get a chance to post tomorrow. Have a safe and happy holiday!
Jenn

3 comments:

Heather said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the white gel pen on the paisley background, it really gives it a little something extra. :)

SpAzzGiRL said...

Love the paisley and the white pen, looks great!!

Melissa said...

This is beautiful!