July 30, 2007

Priceless Inspiration


If there was only one stamp set I was able to order out of the Fall-Winter Collection it would be Define Your Life. I love this set and it works so well with cards and scrapbook pages. I know it comes with a big price tag, but it was still #1 on my list. Here I combined it with my Priceless stamp set. The sketch is from Beate and was used for one of the Dare to Get Dirty Challenge cards. This is such a fun celebration! If you haven't signed up to be a fan club member you should do so now.
I used some of my favorite new InColors for the card and they are Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, Kraft and Whisper White. I used my retired Corner rounder on the strip of cardstock and keep reminding myself to add the new corner rounder to my next order. To give it a lacy look I took my 1/16" hole punch and placed a hole in the center of each scallop. I then layered on the Soft Sky designer series paper. This paper is just gorgeous! I am going to be getting the Blue Bayou next. I love each and every color offered. I stamped the swirl from Priceless onto the Kraft paper with Versamark, used my cutter's tool kit to add a little dimension by running the perforating tool across the top and bottom edge and then distressed it as well. To finish it off I sponged some Purely Pomegranate ink onto the strip. The tag is made from Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White. The block is stamped in Soft Sky and the definition from Define Your Life in Wild Wasabli. I then took my horizontal slit punch and made a hole on my tag to put my Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon through and adhered it to the tag with a staple. The scallop punch was used on Wild Wasabi and then I stamped the flower 3 times on Whisper White in Purely Pomegrante, Blue Bayou and Wild Wasabi. It was so easy to punch out with my 1 3/8", 1" and 1/4" circle punches. I layered my pieces with Dimensionals and was done.
Remember that I am rebuilding my Blog Roll this week. If you want to be added just leave me a comment with your blog address and I'll get you added. Have a great Monday and I'm off to play and stamp.
Jenn

4 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love this color combination.

*Jenni* said...

I agree. This color combo is fantastic!!

Heather P. said...

Great card! Love this color combo. :)

Pat's Paper Passion said...

The design is crisp looking and not too fussy. I'm not into making cards that have many patterns. I sometimes think card makers are trying to use all their embellishments and papers on one cards.