July 16, 2007

Priceless Definition



I actually got to sit down and stamp today! I took the boys outside all morning long and after lunch when Evan was napping and Colin was quietly curled up with a cartoon I decided to pull out some supplies and make a card. I wanted to try dry embossing, but I'm not sure if it is the light table I am borrowing or I am doing something wrong. I can't actually "see" the template under the paper. I can with Whisper White, but not with any other color. I have to do some trouble shooting and see what my issue is. I even went to the hardware store and bought a new light for the table. Oh, well, sometimes it takes a few times before I get a new technique down. Therefore, this card didn't even get finished until after dinner and a few errands. The sketch comes from the latest issue of PaperCrafts magazine which I had to get the other day on a trip to Michael's for a craft for Colin. He wants to make a fossil with clay and shells, but that is a whole other post. I am feeling so uncreative that I used the sketch for my inspiration. The cardstock is Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and Soft Sky Designer paper. I used Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi for ink. The stamp sets are two of my favorites from the Fall-Winter 2007 Collection and are Priceless and Define Your Life.

I love my new scallop punch! I finally have one and it works. I must have gotten one of the good ones in the batch. I used my 1 1/4" circle punch for the Priceless flower and it matched up nicely. If you'd like less of a border the 1 3/8" circle punch would work with the scallop as well. I added an Ice Rhinestone brad in the center of the flower and set the entire layer up on dimensionals. Tomorrow we will hopefully get some rain! We have not gotten any real significant rainfall since Memorial Day and my plants and lawn desperately need some water. If it does rain I'm looking forward to a day filled with playing inside and stamping. Let's all pray for a rainy day.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Wow Jenn, I love this card!! The colors are gorgeous together!

I ordered the scallop punch too, and so far it works... Whooohooo! :)

Sharon said...

This is a great card and I love the color combo! I have a huge list to order from SU and the scallop punch is on there. Keep up the good work!

beate said...

Jenn, this is simply gorgeous! Love everything about it! Lucky you getting a scallop punch that works. I got the replacement for my dud...and you guessed it...doesn't work either. Bummer!

Flossie's Follies said...

Great card, love the colors and swirls.

Becky said...

Beautiful card!!

I am looking forward to have extra $$ so I can order new stuff! :-)

I really love the top half of your card. Very pretty!

Tandra said...

This is beautiful! I love the feeling that the colors convey! They are very happy on the eyes!
I love th ePriceless set!hxtic

Salem Sofiane Maloum said...

Could you explain me, please, what did "Heart out" mean in english.

I don't speak english very well.

Very nice card on the top, great.

by by