July 27, 2007

Priceless Challenge


I mentioned yesterday that I was going to participate in some of the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Challenges and I certainly did challenge myself with the first card I made. It utilizes a window sheet, but since Stampin' Up! does not sell these anymore I used a Transparency that you can purchase in any Office Supply store. I think the window sheet would be more stable as a base, but I have seen so many cool clear cards these days I wanted to give my own a try. I first used my Priceless Classy Brass template and dry embossed the flower along the right edge of the card. It is hard to see in the picture and I had a problem not getting a glare on the shiny plastic front of the card. But trust me it is there. I then layered a piece of Purely Pomegranate on the back inside of my card to give some stability and to provide some color. I then layered Blue Bayou, Sage Shadow and River Rock. I meant to grab Mellow Moss, but I think the Sage Shadow adds to a nice color combination so I didn't go back and correct my own mistake. I stamped the swirl from Priceless with River Rock and then punched the corners with my ticket corner punch. I didn't want any adhesive to show through the front of my window sheet, so I used my Handy Dandy Crop-A-Dile and punched through all 4 layers (window sheet, and cardstock mats) to put eyelets through to hold the piece to the front of the card. The actual cardstock is layered inside of the card. I stamped the Priceless sentiment in Timber Brown Stazon and the color is really different on a window sheet as opposed to white cardstock, but I couldn't go back and remove it so it will do. I then added in Blue Bayou, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi the three flowers stamped on Whisper White and adhered with a glue dot. Now onto the next challenge.

1 comment:

Flossie's Follies said...

WOW, love the colors you used and the embossed transparency is fantastic, have not seen them embossed before, great idea.