July 8, 2007

Pomegranate Petals


Have you ever been so busy creating that your mind just shuts down? That happens to me sometimes especially when I am in a time crunch. I had 4 out of the 5 cards we were going to complete for my Hostess Club meeting today and the kids started to get squirelly and I started to panic. That is when I pulled out my Control Freaks swap cards and came upon one like this made by Jena H. I don't have the Three for You Punch Box, so I made a few substitutions, but I did keep her color scheme and layout. Thank you Jena for a wonderful swap card and a great class project!
The base is Purely Pomegranate and I used the polka dot background from Itty Bitty Backgrounds along the right edge of the card. I then used the slit punch and placed my So Saffron layer so it went under the slit in the Pomegranate paper. I then used the 1/8" hole punch and tied some Black Gingham ribbon through the hole. The sentiment is from Warm Words and is stamped in More Mustard. The Pick a Petal Flower is stamped in So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi. These new colors are fabulous and so rich!
I hope you all had a great weekend and I can't wait to share some new projects with you over the next week. I am working on a special project for my dad, who just retired and is celebrating next week with a party. My mom asked if I could make a book that all of the guest could sign. I am making it to match the invitations my mom made and I will include pages for guests to sign as well as pages for pictures to be added from the party. That will be my biggest project of the week and I hope it turns out perfectly.
Jenn

7 comments:

Karen said...

What an adorable card!

Misty said...

Cute Card!

you've been tagged also..check out my blog for info.

beate said...

Jenn, that card looks great. I am kicking myself for not doing that swap. But there was really no way with me going to Germany last month.
Wonderful card! I hope you had a great time with the ladies from your club! Can't wait to see the book you are making! I am sure it's spectacular! Hugs and smiles ....do I hear a truck? LOL

Stamping with Me! said...

What a cute card!!! Love it....
Melissa Tootle

Heather said...

What a great card!! Love the colors, and the flower kind of looks like a palm tree... :) LOL, I'm weird, I know.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Ohhh, that's pretty! Love the color combinations.

Ana said...

What rich and beautiful colors..love the dotted flower and leave..its gorgeous.