July 7, 2007

Case that Vase


Often people who take my classes tell me they love to do so because I have everything planned, precut and beautifully laid out before them. I often have elaborate projects and new exciting ideas, and then they ask me, "How did you think of that?". My reply is often I got inspiration from a sketch challenge, or I saw someone on SCS do something similar, or it was something that just happened by accident as I was busy creating. I realized that not everyone has the time or the ability to spend thier days stamping. I often sit back and I am amazed that I can spend most of my time doing something I absolutely love and share it with others. Not many people are fortunate enough do this. However, with this catalog, I want to be able to show my customers and class participants that you don't need to spend hours stamping, or create elaborate projects. We have the best tool in our hands! The Fall-Winter 2007 Catalog is simply amazing! I don't know how many times I have flipped through the pages, but I always notice something new that I didn't see before. My wishlist is a mile long. In this catalog we have the tools we need to create wonderful projects by CASEing catalog samples. This particular card is CASE'd from a sample on page 22 and I of course had to add my own flair and touches to the card to make it mine. If you are a seasoned stamper or someone completely new to stamping, pick up your catalog and find something that inspires you. I bet once you get to stamping you'll keep on going and create something fabulous on your own.


This card uses the Vases in Vogue, Level III Hostess stamp set. I was able to pre-order this set a month or so ago. The base is Groovy Guava and it is layered with Mellow Moss and Soft Sky. I stamped the flower in Groovy Guava on the base layer and highlighted the center with my white gel pen. I then used my Crafter's Tool kit and mat pack to paper pierce my Soft Sky layer and then added the faux stitching with my white gel pen. The sentiment and flowers are stamped in Timber brown stazon, as are the vases. I used Naturals White cardstock for the vases, and colored them in with my AquaPainter and new InColors. The vases are set up on dimensionals.

3 comments:

Heather said...

This is a great card, Jenn! I love the look of Mellow Moss with these two In-Colors. :)

Jack Fussell said...

I love this card! This set is SO cute!
Tina

Ana said...

This is beautiful!! Love every detail:)