July 2, 2007

My Friend


I love the Carte Postal stamp set and I am so glad that it made the Fall-Winter 2007 Collection. If you haven't seen the new catalog it is a must! Click on the link above and it will take you right to Stampin' Up!'s home page. I am thrilled with this catalog and I hope all of you are too. It is simpy stunning. My wallet is going to be empty over the next six months. Yesterday I had the day to myself and I literally spent it cleaning, sorting out my old stamps, replacing my old In Colors with the new, and placing my first order of the year. I am so excited! I got 5 Free stamp sets and I ordered Define Your Life, Defining Alphabet, Jumbo Outline Alphabet, Fundamental Phrases and Punch Pals. Plus I placed an order on my own for Garden Whimsy, Priceless, Whimsy Wheel, So Swirly Wheel and a ton of other things. Now I can't wait until they ship.

Today I put ink to paper and created a card for the Featured Stamper Challenge which featured Faith, also known as Markie's Mom. I used her Eat Cake card as inspiration for my card. My cardstock colors are Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava and Whisper White. I used the flourish from Baroque Motifs, stamped it on with Versamark and embossed it with crystal clear embossing powder. On my smallest layer of whisper white cardstock I stamped the flourish from Carte Postal in Close to Cocoa after stamping off once on a piece of scratch paper and then added the sentiment in Groovy Guava. To get the medallion I stamped it 3 times on Whisper White cardstock in River Rock, Groovy Guava and Purely Pomegranate. I adhered the layers together with Stampin' Dimensionals. I used my ticket corner punch on all 4 corners before matting it on Groovy Guava and Close to Cocoa. I paper pierced the 2 larger matted layers and added vintage brads. The layer is also set up on dimensionals. Lastly I stamped the bird image after stamping off Close to Cocoa, trimmed it out and place it up on yet another dimensional. All in all this was a fun card to make.


I am so glad that I got a chance to stamp today! I hope I can get a bit more done tonight.


Jenn

5 comments:

Well Said Cards said...

That is such a beautiful card! I love the color combo and the sentiment. Great job!

Heather said...

This card is SO pretty! Love the flower image. :)

Terry said...

You are sooooo good!!!

Michelle said...

Great card...great colours!

SpAzzGiRL said...

I am so glad I have this set coming this week now...YAY!
Love that card, the colors look great together.