July 27, 2007

More or Less


One of the Dare to Get Dirty Challenges from Jami involved More is More. In order to complete the challenge I needed to make 2 cards. One was to have "more" than the other. More involved extra punches, sponging, distressing or extra backgrounds to name a few of the endless possibilites. I used Wild Wasabi, Ruby Red, Soft Sky, Basic Gray and Whisper White for my color combination. On the first card I left the color layers each as one single layer. While on the second card I matted each layer with Basic Gray. The first card is fairly simple and doesn't involve any real extra embellishments or techniques. I used Baroque Motifs, Define Your Life and Garden Silhouettes for my stamp sets.









This second card I also used my Paisley background stamp on the main card layer. I added distressing to each of the layers, paper piercing, direct to paper inking, extra punches and extra brads. If you are new to stamping this will give you an idea of where to start and where you can go with your original card. It was fun creating the two same but unique cards for this challenge. I also used Beate's Sketch Challenge for the weekend. I altered the layer sized to make a 4 1/4 square card.



Jenn

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Youv'e been tagged! If you feel like playing just check my blog out at Dew Drop Inn Designs.

Great card and the colors go perfect together.

Heather P. said...

What great cards... Love both of them!! :)

Flossie's Follies said...

WOW, the first card is great, the pump it up version is fantastic!