July 4, 2007

Feline Friends



I hope you are all having a great 4th of July! We don't have any big celebrations planned here. It doesn't even really feel like the 4th of July, unless you step out into the humidity. The fireworks were on Sunday, and our neighborhood is so very quiet. I don't know if the holiday falling on a Wednesday has anything to do with it or not. We did take the kids outside and let them play in the new pool they bought. Colin wanted to cash in on his piggy bank and Evan added a little money in too. I think it is important to teach them the value of earning things right from the start. They do steal all of our left over change anyway. I think we are just going to hang out and have a little barbeque of our own and have a nice relaxing day.

Today is Sketch Challenge day and I am forcing myself to stamp. I don't know about you, but sometimes I lose my inpiration and my creative streak, but I'll get through it. It's harder to get back into it if I just completely stop, so hopefully the challenge will help me get my inspiration back. I am also working very hard on using up my retired accessories and paper so I thougth I'd use a retired stamp set as well. The cat and sentiment are from Little Hellos. I stamped the image with Jetblack Stazon and colored it in with my Watercolor Wondercrayons and an AquaPainter. I then layered it on Cool Caribbean and Chocolate Chip, although it looks more black in my photo. I used my 3/4" circle punch to punch out the sentiment and then I matted it on Tempting Turquoise and popped it up on dimensionals. I will love it when my 1" cirlce punch arrives and I won't have to free hand it anymore. I used some of my Loves Me designer series paper and used some white grosgrain ribbon to hide the seam. I don't know about you, but I have tons of the silver diamond shaped Vintage brads left over, so in wanting to get rid of some I used them on strips I punched out with my Word Window punch. The base of the card is Cool Caribbean.

Have a great 4th!

Jenn

P.S. Does anyone know what is up with blogger? First my posts take forever to appear and now my Blogs I Read section is missing. I'll get it reloaded when I have a few spare minutes.

6 comments:

Stamping with Me! said...

I love your card!!!

Michelle said...

Awww...cute card! I've always liked that paper!

Dawn said...

You've been tagged!
Dawn
www.stampincreations.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, that is such a CUTE card! :)

beate said...

That's so stinking cute!

stampingranny said...

How precious is this card? Love it! Deb~