July 19, 2007

Failed Swap Card



I am working on my new Fall-Winter 2007 Collection swap and this is one of the cards that I came up with that didn't make the grade. I like the layout and I love the colors, but it just isn't right. I used River Rock, Really Rust, Old Olive and Very Vanilla for cardstock. The sentiment is from Hugs and Wishes and is stamped in really rust. Directly under it is a definition from Define Your Life and I stamped that in River Rock. I love the Old Olive and Sage Shadow Garden Silhouettes stamp. I think this color combination is just so pretty together. I tied a piece of natural hemp twine across the bottom of the image layer.

I'm leaving tonight for CHA! I will be there tomorrow and Saturday. I figured it would save on gas if I packed up Colin and Evan and spent the next two nights at my parent's house. They are closer to Rosemont, IL than I am and they are just down the road from Terry, my upline, who is going with me. I spent the morning doing laundry and cleaning the house. I can relax more and enjoy myself knowing that I can come home to a clean home. I just have to instruct my husband to keep it that way. He won't be meeting us until tomorrow evening since he still has to work.

Have a great weekend.

Jenn

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is beautiful! Love the added hemp

Audra said...

Your Blog ROCKS and therefore I have nominated you for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award! You can get the pic/icon from my blog.

Heather said...

This didn't make the cut? That's crazy... This is beautiful!! :)

stampingranny said...

I adore this lovely card, it certainly makes the grade in my book! LOL! Your blog is wonderful, I am so glad I found you! Deb~