July 29, 2007

Do You Blog?


A few weeks ago my Blog Roll disappeared and I am planning on rebuilding it over the next week. If you have a blog and would like to be included in that section please post here with your Blog address and I will get you added to it. I love looking at different blogs and it's great when I can visit blogs of people who read mine and who comment here. Just leave a comment on this post and I'll get you added during the week.
Yesterday I got a bunch of stamping done! I actually finished 2 cards and got started on my Control Freaks Swap for the new catalog sets. I want to get them finished before August 1st when I am able to preorder the Holiday Mini sets. I am so excited that all of the sets in new mini catalogs are going to be die cut! Don't get me wrong, I love cutting and assembling stamps and I am a stickler at trimming. I get rid of as much extra rubber as possible and big orders can take me a day to assemble. However, there are times when I get a set and I would love to be able to stamp right away and this will fulfill that need for me. This card was made for Julia's Sketch for the Fan Club Challenges. I wanted to use my Eventful Hostess Level I set. I got it just for the Sweet Pea stamp as it is so cute. I also wanted to show off as much designer paper from the Fall Flowers assortment as possible. I chose Really Rust, Old Olive, Sahara Sand and Whisper White to compliment the colors in the paper. Most of the card is simple layering. I did stamp the new Polka Dot background stamp in Soft Sky before I stamped the Sweet Pea in JetBlack Stazon. I used my AquaPainter to color in the image with Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss and old Olive. I also added another layer of the pea by cutting it out and adhering it with Dimensionals. I actually opened my Double Stitched ribbon in Blue Bayou and it is simply gorgeous! The final element was the flowers from the Spring Bouquet Flower Punch with a vintage brad through the center to balance off the card. Congratulations from Hugs and Wishes was stamped in Old Olive.
Today we are going out to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. She turned 88 on the 26th. I hope all of you have a nice relaxing Sunday. I'll be back with a new card tomorrow.
Jenn

13 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

I do blog & would be honored if you would add me to your blogroll. I would also add you to mine.

Karen said...

great card! Love those colors!

Robyn said...

I would love to be added to your blog roll and I will add you to mine.

http://robynscreativespace.blogspot.com/

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is fantastic, love ryour mix of colors and papers. Would love to be on your blogroll
www.flofollies.blogspot.com

Tara said...

How nice..I would love to be added! I have had yours on mine for a little while now cuz I love what you do...you are super talented!! :) This card is sooo cute I love the fall paper with the cute baby pea!
www.stamp-a-licious.blogspot.com

stefanie said...

Sorry to hear about your blog roll! I love to visit your site and have used your designs for inspiration many times! I'd love to be added to your new blog roll!

www.scrappedsilly.typepad.com

Stamping with Me! said...

I love your BLOG and visit many time through out the day! You have awesome artwork and I LOVE to case your work! I would be honored to be added to your Blog Roll, I think I was on your before. Your on my blog roll too!
www.mommystampincreations.blogspot.com
Thanks!!
Melissa

Basement Stamper said...

Jenn:
I enjoy your blog, so hope that you will enjoy mine as well:
www.basementstamper.blogspot.com

Mistylynn said...

What a cute little pea! My friend was grumping about the new hostess sets but I thought this little guy was so cute. Great blog.
Misty

Angie Tieman said...

Sorry you lost your blog roll, I have no patience for that kind of thing... computer malfunction! Would love for you to add me to your new roll, you've been on mine for a long time! ;-) Great card too! I don't have that designer series paper yet, but it's on the list! http://schwooo.blogspot.com/

Heather P. said...

Jenn, I LOVE this card! It's SOOO pretty, and those colors are totally fun! :)

emily said...

i have a new blog and would love to be added to your blog roll! i will add you as well to mine!
thanks jenn! love the blog!
emily
www.3peasinapoddesigns.blogspot.com

Jana Emmert said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the layers of patterned paper.
Please feel free to add my blog to your list.
http://indyemmert.blogspot.com
Thanks1