July 18, 2007

CHA starts tomorrow!!!!



I am so excited! I was lucky enough to get a ticket a few months ago and I have been eagerly awaiting this weekend. I have a super simple card for you today since I didn't get much stamping time in at all. I have a class on Sunday and since I won't be home until late Saturday night I had 10 cards of 5 designs to cut out. Fifty cards take a bit of time, but I had my ideas planned and ready to go, so at least it was just the cutting and measuring part that I had to accomplish. I hope I can update about my fun at CHA, but incase I'm MIA you will know why. It runs from Thursday to Sunday and I have seen via blogs that there are going to be quite a few HUGE stamping names there.

This card uses Old Olive cardstock as a base. Then I layered Petals and Paisley paper in a great simple layout. I used Pretty in Pink for my scallop layer and then layered it with Taken with Teal and Whisper in White. The Petals from Polka Dots and Petals are stamped in Cool Caribbean and Taken with teal. There is a soft subtles brad in teh center. The sentiment from Hugs and Wishes shows up much better in real life and is stamped in Taken with Teal.

Here's to a great CHA weekend!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm about 2 hours south of Chicago in Iowa along the Mississippi River. We are getting some bad tornadoes and storms tonight. Anything up that way?
Have fun at the convention.

Ashley said...

I forgot to say I love your cards. Nicely done.

Sharon said...

Great cards! Have a great time at CHA, wish I was going.

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors

ronee said...

I AM GOING TO CHA TOO! Hope to run into you!
xoxo
ronee

dd2njoy said...

Simple but beautiful! Enjoy CHA!!