July 11, 2007

Caught Off Guard


The strangest thing happened today. I was expecting just one lone stamp set from UPS today. I was on the fence about getting Hugs and Wishes, but I saw so many cute ideas with it I had to get it before the Pre-order and the extra discount were gone forever. UPS pulls up to my house with my little tiny envelope and a box! My 5 Free Stampin' Start stamp sets arrived today! I spent hours mounting my stamps. I got Define Your Life, Fundamental Phrases, Defining Alpha, Jumbo Outline Alpha and Punch Pals. What a great surprise! My first catalog preorder will be here tomorrow along with more stamp sets and then on Friday I am getting new designer paper that I traded one of my old stamp sets for. Three Stampin' Up boxes in 3 days is so nice.
Here is a project Terry taught me to make yesterday. It uses a Scratch Pad from Office Max and a nice little pen. The base is made out of Soft Sky and is stamped with the Polka Dots from the Three for You punch box in Whisper White craft ink. Then it is layered with Soft Sky designer series paper and is embellished with 3 flowers from the Punch box and "Daily Notes" from Office Accoutrement. Other items used were paper snips, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8" circle punches and red gingham ribbon. The note pad is held in place with red tacky tape. I think I am going to have lots of fun recreating these and using the other new InColors in doing so too.
Here's to tomorrow and actually stamping with my new sets.
Jenn

1 comment:

Ana said...

Love this!! Great color combos too. And I know what you mean about new rubbah. Its soo much fun to cut and mount then stamp away. Can't wait to see what you make with you new goodies.