July 17, 2007

Best Butterflies



I had to do today's color challenge. I am trying to get my inspiration back. I love when I can envision a card in my head, put it on paper and then say "Wow, I made that". That is not happening much these last few days. I promise I'll keep plugging along.

Today's color combination was Bordering Blue, Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke. I used Bordering Blue as my base and I stamped it with the Polka Dot background stamp. The Mellow Moss layer is wheeled with the Jumbo Whimsy wheel and I am in love with it. It is so subtle and whimsical. It goes so well with this stamp set too. I decided to use some HodgePodge Hardware instead of hoarding it and I laced some Cream grosgrain ribbon through it before attaching the ribbon together behind the layer with a glue dot. I then added the sentiment layer and used the retired corner rounder on the edges. I still have to order myself the new version and I hear that the corner is not as wide as this one. I added a splash of Rose Red in on my tulip and popped the flower up on dimensionals. I stamped the smallest butterfly in Bordering Blue, once on the card and once on a scrap piece of paper so that it appears to be 3-D. The card still needed a little something so I added the larger butterfly that is stamped in Bordering Blue and then rocked in Not Quite Navy to give it's wings a little more dimension. I had some sticky strip and added it just along the body so the wings are also popped up on the card.

It did end up raining today! We got about 3/4" of rain. We still need a lot more, but it did give me an excuse to stay inside and stamp instead of running around in the backyard with the boys. Colin had his eye appointment today and we got some good news. He doesn't have to patch, but we do have to have his prescription changed back in his left lens again. Now instead of his eye crossing in and him having problems with Amblyopia his eye is going out slightly. Our opthamologist thinks that it is because we had to increase the prescription in that lens when we came to a standstill with the patching about 6 months ago. We are still keeping our fingers crossed that his eye problems will all end soon, but at least he is young enough that he regained the sight in his eye. After the age of 7, the blindness can be permanent so we are lucky to have caught it so early.

Jenn

11 comments:

Anne Marie Gross said...

Very nice card! I absolutely love that polka dot background stamp, don't you? TFS!

Robb_eeie said...

Jenn ... I just couldn't *Lurk* any longer, without commenting on this work-of-art~!~*WOW*~~! It's B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L :)

Becky said...

Very pretty! I love the 3D butterfly.

Kristine Reynolds said...

LOVE this card! I've been looking at that set...might have to get it now!

Jack Fussell said...

Hey! I found your blog through Beate. Your blog is great!

This card is lovely. I like the way you did your ribbon. Very creative!

Thanks for sharing!
Tina
www.travelingmama.net

Terry said...

OMG! That is one beautiful card. Just like I said before... You Rock!

CaraDee said...

Stunning!

Rhonda Favreau said...

I just put in a HUGE order and I am kicking myself for not putting this set on it! Your torchuring me...this is gorgeous!!!

Mary said...

I found you blog from a link on Beate's blog. I linked you to mine and look forward to keeping up with your creations. You have wonderful projects and talent!

Mary

dd2njoy said...

I like it alot!! Love those colors! Beautiful work!!

Michelle said...

This is so pretty!