July 31, 2007

7 Gypsies ATC Box



Although I had a productive day I did not get anything new stamped. I spent the day getting my August Newsletter out to my customers, getting my Stamps By Mail bundles together as well as working on my Control Freaks Swap cards. So I will share with you a project I made at CHA. This is an adorable ATC card holder that uses 7 Gypsies products. It is such a cute holder and it can be adapted to hold a gift card a few pieces of candy. The box was very easy to assemble (I will have measurements in the next day or so) and was glued together with a glue stick. It stays together really well, although in replicating it I think I would use sticky strip instead. The top and bottom of the box we made at CHA used a template made out of a manilla folder type of consistency. We simply glued the paper on and cut around the template before assembling it. It went together really quickly and I am the queen of making 3-D projects harder than they really are. But even this one was simple enough for me to complete. After we made the box we made the premade tag by putting a rubon onto the tag and then rubbed gold foil over the rubon to make it nice and sparkly. Then we simply tied it all together with a nice green satiny ribbon.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is so cute! Wouldn't it be great to hold some holiday cookies in if you added a piece of parchment to the bottom? I'll definitely be trying some if you add dimensions.

SpAzzGiRL said...

I made one of those!
One of the only things I made at CHA and I was totally thinking I could recreate it with a file folder, too!
And I'm thinking the sticky strip would be waaaayyyy better! You are so right.