June 4, 2007

Yummy . . .



Chapstick! At least that was what Evan was thinking this morning when he ate 1/4 of a tube of Cherry flavored Chapstick his brother offered him. There is absolutely no information online about what to do when your 18 month old decides to eat what his 4 year old brother served him for breakfast.



Needless to say I had to call Poison Control this morning. The good news is that they said eating chapstick will just cause an upset stomach and maybe some unpleasant side effects like vomitting and other gross bodily functions. Evan seems to be okay and didn't seemed to be too bothered by the whole event.



After he went down for a nap Colin and I headed down to my stamping space and I had the opportunity to make 2 cards. The first one I got some Whipper Snapper stamps from Linda on the Wish-RAK forum and Colin is attending a birthday party on Sunday. Isn't this the perfect image for a 5 year-olds birthday party? I think so. I colored him in with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons. Now that I have all of them I am in love with them. Even more so than coloring with my AquaPainter and classic ink. I used Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip for the dog. Ruby Red and So Saffron for his collar and I used some Going Gray and Sahara Sand for the bone. I think layered him on Night of Navy and the designer paper is from My Minds Eye. Can you tell I'm out of Stampin' Up! Designer Series paper and I'm itching for my order to arrive tomorrow? I also added in a strip of Whisper White and Basic Black. I had found a layout like this in Papercrafts and sketched it out to use for a card when I had the chance. The card is 5" square. I also added paper piercing around the entire border of the designer paper and the dog. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to add the sentiment from Happy Everything. The card had turned out too perfect to have a crooked sentiment.

While I was on a roll I decided to try out another form of paper piercing. I stamped the chef from Viola 3 times. Twice on Whisper White cardstock and once on My Minds Eye designer series paper. I then cut out his jacket and glued it onto one of my Whisper White stamped images. I shaped the paper a little to add dimension and there is actually a dimensional in the middle of his jacket to make it round out a little bit. Then I cut out the kerchief around his neck and his white folded sleeve cuff and attached the cuff with a piece of dimensional and his kerchief with snail adhesive. I colored him in with some Blush Blossom, Bordering Blue and Not Quite Navy. The cake is colored in with my Earth Elements Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I also used Riveting and French Script. The colors used for cardstock are Not Quite Navy and Pumpkin Pie. I added some silver grosgrain ribbon that I wove through the circular layer.

5 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Wow, how scary. What a great story your kids can say some day - you called 911 for Chapstick Overdose!

I love how you used the patterned paper in these cards. They are adorable. I gotta say, I am tremendously flattered to have my blog listed among your frequent visits. Your blog is wonderful. Linda

Markie's Mom said...

Love your cards! You have great talent!

By the way, you have been tagged! Check my blog for details!

Dianne said...

Hmmm....guess I better keep my Chapstick away from my 5 year old son. I'd hate for him to feed it to his 14 month old sister. I'm certain she'd eat it, too.

This card is soooo cute! I love how you color your images. I just found your blog through SCS and will definitely be checking back. You do awesome work!

Becky (Mom2Drew&Twins) said...

Beautiful as usual! I wish I knew how you had so much time to stamp! LOL

Heather said...

I love your doggy card... That stamped image is just too cute! :)