June 20, 2007

What a day!


Colin had his 4 year check up today and it took up more of the morning than I had expected. He is growing and developing perfectly, although ideally he'd listen to us a bit more instead of questioning everything we tell him. Wouldn't that be nice? He had to get some shots today and he did such a wonderful job! He was supposed to get 3, and there was one optional shot. He was upset he wasn't getting 4 so we let him get the last one too, just to make him happy. I was just the Chicken Pox booster vaccine. What 4 year old begs for shots? Obviously mine does. LOL! Needless to say I didn't get any stamping done, but I had a card I had not yet shared with you.
I had some paper left over from last week's color combination and I am really trying to cut down on the amount of scraps I have, so I used them to make this card. The colors were Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Whisper White with Tempting Turquoise being an optional choice. I also threw in a little So Saffron. The stamp set is In the Spotlight and I used "kind" from Baroque Motifs. I needed to add a little something to the top of the card so used some black gingham ribbon with a piece of silver cording. I really like how the colors just seem to pop on this card.

I also had a wonderful card waiting for me in the mail today! Melissa Tootle sent me a wonderful Baroque Motifs card. She used Soft Sky and Purely Pomegranate for cardstock and ink. The medallion is popped up on a dimensional. The simple layout makes the card very elegant and classy. Thank you so much Melissa!

Now I'm ready to take some me time and stamp! Evan is sleeping and Colin is watching a bit of TV. He is complaining that his legs are sore at the injection sites. I am sure he will be back to himself tomorrow.

Jenn

5 comments:

Karen said...

These are beautiful. Love your blog

Michelle said...

LOVE the card she sent you! I think baroque motifs is gonna be a favourite set for me!
Good for you, using up scraps. i really need to do this!

Heather said...

Your card is so cheery and fun!! I just love the colors you used. :)

Stamping with Me! said...

I love your blog!! I am so glad you got my card!!! Thanks for the plug!!!! Happy Stamping!! I Hope your little man is feeling better. I have 3 kids so I know all about the shots!!!

Andrea Hays said...

I love that first card! It's gorgeous! The colors are just wonderful. Great work!