June 2, 2007

Stolen Stamp


Yep, that's right, I stole this stamp! I walked right out of my Mom's house with it in my hand after she had bought it at Archiver's. Now before you report me, I did ask first so I guess it is not technically stolen. LOL!
On Wednesday, I had my long shopping trip and I don't think I have fully recovered from my long day. But I added in a few more long days after that too, but I'll get to that later. I was shopping for a few things for my Wish-RAK special challenge partner and I came across this stamp. I have seen so many cool projects with it on SCS and it has been on my want list for a while now. Knowing that I was going to be making a sizeable purchase of Stampin' Up! stamps with the new catalog preorder I didn't buy it. I put it back and my mom decided to purchase it instead. I asked if I brought over some Whisper White or Very Vanilla paper on Sunday if I could stamp the bloom a couple of times. Instead my mom let me take the stamp home with me for a few days. But unfortunately I didn't have the time to stamp until today. Hence my absence from my blog as well.
The colors of this card come from this week's color challenge. They are Garden Green, Cool Carribean and Chocolate Chip. I added a piece of My Minds Eye designer paper along with the Very Vanilla for my Levy tab and bloom. The bloom is stamped in Jetblack Stazon and then watercolored with my AquaPainter and Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Cool Carribean and Tempting Turquoise ink. I thought it needed a bit of sparkle so I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the center of the bloom. I also used some eyelets to stay in line with Beate's Sketch Challenge.
So onto my crazy week. Yesterday I told my friend I'd watch her 2 year old daughter for a bit while she had to run an errand to pick up the wood for her new floor that is going in next week. It was a very long and very tiring day. I literally fell onto the couch and stayed there most of the evening. We played outside for hours upon hours yesterday and all 3 kids wore me out. I'm glad that I only have 2 to watch on a daily basis, because 3 was a little nutty. I can't imagine how people who do in home day care do this day in and day out. I'd be run into the ground every evening.
Thursday was a stay in your PJ's and lounge type of day. I don't think we did much after our very long shopping day on Wednesday. I did look through my box of Stampin' Up goodies that came last week and I'm preparing for my box on Tuesday!!!!! I'm getting new stamps! I did end up ordering Baroque Motifs. I have 37 swaps to make over the next few weeks and I want to get a head start on them. I also got Pick a Petal, In the Spotlight and Vogue Vases, along with all of the new 2008 In Colors! I can't wait for that UPS man to arrive at my house.
I hope you are all having a nice relaxing weekend. We bought 2 trees for our yard today and they will be delivered on Wednesday so I suspect I'll be quite sore after digging the holes for them next week, but we need some shade. The unfortunate side of building a house on an old corn field is that we have NO trees in our neighborhood. So I got an Autumn Blaze Maple and a clump River Birch. We still have a long way to go with landscaping, but I can stamp all of the flowers I want inside right now.
Jenn

4 comments:

Beate said...

Jenn your card looks amazing! I love your coloring of the big flower. Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Hugs and smiles

Daniela said...

Beautiful card, love those colors and the stamp!!!

Kirsten said...

Ooh, this is very pretty! I love the colors and your coloring!

Rose Ann said...

Your coloring on this is sooo beautiful! I love your card!