June 20, 2007

Pick a . . . bug?



The first time I saw the cute ladybug made with the Pick a Petal set I was in LOVE! I thought this was the cutest idea and since then I have seen it used to make dragonflies, caterpillars and a plethora of other bugs. This is really stepping out of the box when it comes to a stamp set. This set is so versatile and I see myself using it a lot. You can use it to make backgrounds, bugs, flowers and a slew of other things that I have yet to, but hope to discover.



This card was made for the sketch challenge on SCS, and although I altered the sketch a bit I think it still falls into the parameters. The base is a new InColor called Soft Sky and it is such a pretty color. I then stamped the flower image from Pick a Petal on the Blue Bayou cardstock with the same color. The flower is made from Groovy Guava and I also used the AquaPainter to splash on a little more color before I highlighted it with my white gel pen. The center is Purely Pomegranate and is accented with the white gel pen and a new Rhinestone circle brad from the Ice Collection.



How do you make the ladybug? It is very simple. I punched out two circles using my 1 1/4 circle punch from Basic Black cardstock and then simply stamped the petal image on whisper white with Purely Pomegranate ink. I then trace it with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker and then cut it out. I finished the card off by stamping "Sparkle" from Warm Words and adding my "flight path" with my Basic Black Stampin' Write marker. There are dimensionals under the middle of the flower and the ladybug.



Remember you have until noon today to enter into my Blog Candy contest. At that time I will use Random.org to chose a winner and post here. If I have your address in time I will send the package out tomorrow.


Jenn

5 comments:

Well Said Cards said...

Great card! I love your ladybug!

dd2njoy said...

Lovely! Those lady bugs cards are so cute! TFS!!

Karen said...

I think I'm gonna have to have this set!

Michelle said...

You made the lady bug with pick-a-petal? OMG! This is the best reason I've seen to get this set! Your card is so CUTE!

Becky said...

There are too many great sets out there!!! I love the lady bug!