June 27, 2007

Oh, the agony


of waiting to see if Mr. Brown, aka UPS, has my 2 boxes of catalogs on his truck today. I know that there are 2 different shipments of boxes coming to my town today with the reference number that was on the other boxes of catalogs arriving in houses all over the US these last few days. The shipments arriving today are 23 lbs and the 3 arriving tomorrow are 13, so there has to be a package for me on that truck. I am driving myself absolutely batty waiting, but I can't wait to see all of the new products that Stampin' Up! has to offer. Yesterday I watched my mail lady put mail in the box and just looked for a large sized catalog to make its way into that medium sized black box at the end of my driveway. I was sorely disappointed when it didn't. If that wasn't torture enough UPS did come to my house yesterday and in the hopes that they decided to deliver my catalogs early my heart was all giddy with joy. But it was just the Ott lamp I had ordered on Saturday. Today has to be the day so keep your fingers crossed for me.
I made this card yesterday for the Try a New Technique. It was to say goodbye to retiring sets by making a card that fit inside of a business sized envelope. I used Groovy Guava, Close to Cocoa, River Rock, Whisper White and a piece of Basic Grey designer series paper I got from Wish-RAK on SCS. The stamp set is a Hostess set called Springtime Stems. I also used All in a Row to give some more faux stitching to yet another card, Warm Words for the sentiment, a piece of Michael's $1 bin ribbon, ticket corner punch, cutter's tool kit, making memories mini gold brads and dimensionals in my project.
Now if we can fast forward to 2 pm so that my UPS delivery is right around the corner.
Jenn

5 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

The paper and colors are great, your card rocks, my fingers are crossed that your UPS truck comes early

Michelle said...

Here's hoping your catties arrive today!

Well Said Cards said...

Great card! I love the color combo.

mum on the run said...

Beautiful card

Heather said...

This is very pretty! I love the Basic Grey paper you paired with the image. :)