June 14, 2007

No Faux Stitching Here

If there is one thing I have never been fond of or particularly good at it is sewing. When my husband has repairs to be made to his good clothes or something needs a hem fixed I usually do one of two things. I pass the item off on a family member who likes to sew, or I throw the item out and buy something new. Usually my sewing turns into a disaster. Just ask my mom about the time I wanted to make a yellow A-line dress and I accidentally sewed the zipper in the front 4 times and had to have my mom help me take it apart each time. So today when I bought a sewing machine at Target for $19.99, I called my mom and asked her to guess what I got and told her it was something she thought I'd never buy. The cool thing is that it runs on AC or on batteries. It only weighs a few pounds and can be moved around very easily.



Since I bought the sewing machine I figured I had to make sure it worked so I made this card. I got the layout from Sketch This and the sketch is from Week 10. I madea few changes, but I think I did a good job of staying with the overall layout. The base layer is Old Olive. I took a piece of River Rock and sewed it together with the Brocade Background Designer series paper for all of the background layers. I just used different sides of the paper. Then I stamped the square motif in Old Olive, the flower with the dots in Rose Red and the smallest flower and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip. The flower is held together with a Vintage Brad and is set up on a dimensional.



I promise that I will play with another stamp set for my next post. I have been wanting to try out using my scallop scissors to cut out the flowers in Pick a Petal since I love the dramatic look Beate got when she used it on her card a few days ago. I also have to take out my In the Spotlight set. I'm not sure which I'll play with next, but I will surprise you.



Jenn

No comments: