June 26, 2007

My Stamping Space

Yesterday we had no internet access, so I used the day not only to clean my house but also to re-organize my stamping space. I use our partially finished basement and my biggest complaint is the lack of lighting. We have 3 lightbulbs for the entire space! Needless to say the lighting is awful. I have 2 old lamps on my stamping table and they don't put out much light so this weekend I ordered myself a 13 watt Ott lamp to use at my work station and I have told my husband that we have to get started on the rest of the lighting as soon as possible. But with all home projects these things take time.



I am very proud of my new organizational system! We went to IKEA this weekend and I found these bars for $2.99 each and the baskets ranged from $0.99 to $2.99. I have been looking at other systems in scrapbooking magazines and the bars alone are 3 times what I paid. They hold the punches perfectly. The ribbon baskets are a little small for the grosgrain rolls of ribbon, but fit the organdy ribbon rolls perfectly. Next on my organizational agenda is to get some kind of bookcases or cabinets to replace my 6' and 8' table that I use to house all of my stamping supplies. I can't believe how much more space I have now that I got all of this stuff up and off of the table.



I got some House Mouse images in the mail today that were postmarked The Netherlands! How much fun it is to get mail from so far away. I have seen these mice around and I love the way people watercolor them in, and of course I wanted to give it a try. I definetly need more practice on these little guys. My sand was at first more yellow than I wanted and now it is too brown for my tastes, but I am fairly new to the entire watercoloring process. I used my AquaPainter and pulled out all 4 color families of my Watercolor WonderCrayons. I LOVE them! They are so fun to play with and you can't go wrong because they match all of the Stampin' Up! colors.
I then wanted to match my green umbrella so I chose to use my Color Wheel on Old Olive. My cardstock colors are Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy and Whisper White. I also used my 1 1/4" circle punch, Vintage Brads, 1/16" hole punch, Black organdy ribbon and silver twine. Thanks so much Vronica for sending me these cute mice!
Jenn

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a nice clean space. Is it still like that? LOL I feel your pain with no interet. We didn't have it this morning when I got up at 3:00 am!

Heather said...

That card is ADORABLE!!! I just love that mouse image, it's so cute!!

Dottie K said...

Doesn't it feel good to have a nice and organized space. I'm in the middle of trying to reorganize and make more use of my space. I just adore this card. Love the colors and he is so cute.

Flossie's Follies said...

Your stamping area looks very organized, how great, wish mine did, These house mouse stamps are so cute, love our coloring.

Michelle said...

Cute card!