June 7, 2007

Move Over Doodle This!



I have a new favorite stamp set. I thought I would never put my doodles aside until I started playing with Baroque Motifs. This background stamp is so fun to play with and the cards look so elegant with it. Plus check out these new In Colors! I thought I'd never be able to give up Cool Caribbean, but I guess Stampin' Up! is going to make it very easy to set it aside. I love these new blues. The cardstock is Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock and Whisper White. The ink is Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, River Rock, Purely Pomegranate and Wild Wasabi.

I double stamped my background image in the two blue colors, starting with Soft Sky. It was so easy to line it up just where I wanted it with my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I lined it up perfectly on my background layer but wanted my front layer to be a little less structured so I revered the stamp both times I stamped it. I cut out the Whisper White layers added a Vintage brad and there are dimensionals under the flower and under the leaves to really make it stand out from the card. I have another idea floating through my head and the boys are playing quietly, so I better take advantage of my stamping time.

Jenn

3 comments:

beate said...

I love what you are doing with this set. I love it as well. I just made another card with it that I will post tomorrow. It is hard to put away. The swirl is so rich.

Allison said...

Great creation!

Heather said...

Fantastic!