June 23, 2007

A Little Behind on the Times


I bought this On Board Bitty Book back in November, when my Mom and Sister hosted a Stampin' Up! workshop, with my now upline Terry. She is just now starting her blog, but I promise she'll have awesome projects once it gets going. She's just working out a few kinks, but you should check it out. She is the one who originally introduced me to the Scrapbook Card. Anyway before I get even more off topic, I have had this board book sitting around for a while. I was going to alter it and give it as a Christmas gift and it sat in it's original wrapper for seven months now. In my quest to use up my old supplies and papers I decided to pull it out and alter it today. I did get a little push from Lisa Martz and her wonderful convention album. I assure you her project is a lot cuter than mine so you should head on over and check it out.



I was surprised at how quickly these albums alter and how easy it is. I figured out a few things along the way that I'll change the next time I make it, but I think this was a good start. I used the Notations designer series paper that coordinates with the Office Accoutrement set and all of the neat punches that came along with it. I love this set and I'm going to get a lot of use out of it. I already have, but it is just one of those sets that will stay in my frequently used pile. The accents come from the Accents and Elements tin Little Reminders. This was the first time I have actually used these embellishments and I don't know why. It's probably due to the fact that the Spring Mini was my first ever SU pre order and I had no self control. The outside is decorated with the Sahara sand colored paper and the inside with the Chocolate Chip one.

I adhered the paper with SNAIL adhesive and the case is held together with the red lining tape. That stuff holds everything! So here is my Father's Day present from my sons and I to my husband. We had a card all ready to go for him last weekend but in all of the commotion with graduation the kids never had a chance to sign it.

Have you heard that there are Demo's who have received their new Fall Winter 2007 Collection? I am not so lucky yet and I ran out in the rain to check the mail today. I was hoping to have it in time for my Hostess and Customer Appreciation Event tomorrow, but it doesn't appear to be the case. We'll just have to wait patiently for it to arrive. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Jenn

3 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great project, Jenn. As always, fabulous work. Thank you for the great blogger's RAK that I received today. I posted it on my blog. Thanks again!!!
http://stamperosity.blogspot.com/2007/06/rak-from-janne-diercks.html

Rochelle W said...

You did a great job on this. Great colors too.

Becky said...

Very cute!

I need to move closer to you!! You have so much cool stuff!!!! I can't wait till I am done with my stupid Craft Club... Then I will have to talk you into doing an online craft night and make you send me things or give me a list and we can work on the projects together.... Or on speaker phone! LOL I think I am going to try and move all of my craft stuff upstairs so that I can get it out of the dining room. Then just my room can be messy.