June 11, 2007

I feel blog candy coming on!



This is my 99th post! I think tomorrow I will offer up some card candy to celebrate post 100, so make sure you check back. I already have ideas floating through my head. I am also so close to 10,000 visitors! I can't believe the numbers have gone up so fast since I started my blog just a few short months ago.

This weekend was crazy as usual. I don't even know where weekends go anymore. I always have the best intentions to post, but I just don't always find the time. It seems like Friday night gels right into Monday morning with no rest for the weary in between. I did have lots of fun at one of my monthly Stamp Camps on Sunday and I have a Open House coming up in the next few weeks! I am so excited about that. I will have some wonderful NEW Stampin' Up! sets to share as well as a sneak preview of what is to come with the new catalog. I am excited and my wallet is going to be empty.

This card was made for the Try a New Technique challenge on SCS. This week was to have grout free tiling, and it took a bit to churn this card out. I started with a 4 1/4" square cardbase made from Purely Pomegranate and then I layered on a 4 1/8" square of Very Vanilla. I cut a 4 inch square of AuChocolate designer series paper and used my AquaPainter and Pomegranate ink to color in some of the polka-dots. Then I cut it into 7/8" strips and from there down into 7/8" squares. It was a lot of cutting! I don't know if I'd attempt it again.

I then started to stamp. I used Baroque Motifs and stamped the swirl twice in Whisper White Craft ink. Then I used my new InColors on Very Vanilla to make my flower layer. The colors are Purely Pomegranate, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou. Aren't these colors absolutely rich? I LOVE them! The card needed a sentiment somewhere to break up the squares so I made a faux piece of ribbon out of chocolate chip and very vanilla cardstock. The flowers are set up on dimensionals, with the highest being 2 dimensionals high to give some dimension to the card.

Have a great day and remember to check back for post 100 and some Card Candy!

Jenn

1 comment:

Dottie K said...

Wow! Great card and looks like it was alot of work. TFS