June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day!





This week's sketch was a challenge, but isn't that what it is supposed to be? I knew I needed 2 Father's Day cards, but I don't have many masculine stamp sets, nor do I have a Father's Day sentiment, so I went with masculine colors instead. I have a few pieces of Au Chocolate left so I figured it would work well for these cards. I love this paper! I added some Cranberry Crisp, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla for the center image mat. The flowers are stamped in Bravo Burgundy and Old Olive and the sentiment in Chocolate Chip. They are both from the Sell-A-Bration set Happy Harmony. I didn't add any embellishments as I felt that the background paper was busy enough on these cards.



Today we are spending Father's Day at DePaul University's graduation ceremony. My brother is finishing up his MBA and my father is receiving an award that they only give to one professor a year. Afterwards we are all going out to a sushi resturant to celebrate. It's going to be an early morning for us. Graduation starts at 8:30 and to get there in time we have to leave our house around 6:15, since my family is meeting at 7:30.



I hope you all have a nice Father's Day with your husbands and fathers. I will have some blog candy next week as promised for getting to 10,000 hits.



Jenn

2 comments:

KayellWY said...

Beautiful cards! Luuuuv those colors! :)

Michelle said...

Very elegant cards!