June 16, 2007

Colorful Bloom


I am very behind on the challenges this week, but I continue to plug along. Today is a very hot day and all of my outside flowers are wilting. So I decided to make a nice and cheery flower in the coolness of my home that won't wilt. I used the color challenge colors from this week - Chocolate Chip, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Tempting Turquoise as an optional 4th color.
Last weekend I was visiting my parents and I took an old stash of Scrapbooking magazines that were no longer needed and I came across this sketch. The base started as a 5 1/4" square card, but I used an ice bucket that has been sitting on my buffet to trace the circular front to the card. After I cut it out I used it as a template for the Certainly Celery layer and I cut it just about 1/2" smaller than my line.
The flower petal idea comes from Beate. I saw this idea with a different petal on her blog. I stamped the petals on Whisper White Cardstock with Tempting Turquoise ink and then carefully traced around them with my black Stampin' Write marker. Then I took my scallop scissors, I think they may be Fiskars, but the words are long rubbed off and cut around each petal. I assembled them all on the Certainly Celery layer and then trimmed off the parts of the petal that hung off the edge of the card. I added 3 vintage brads and then stamped the sentiment from Warm Words in Chocolate Chip ink. I really love how this all came together so nicely.

4 comments:

stefanie said...

What a great idea for the petals! Love it!

Flossie's Follies said...

Love the colors, this card is great

Heather said...

Wow... This is SO pretty!!

Karen said...

Love this design. I will definiately have to try this one