June 5, 2007

Baroque Motifs is HERE!!!!!



Out of all of the stamp sets in the Preview Brochure this is the one I wanted the most, so I saw it fitting that it was the first one I inked up. Mr. Brown, aka UPS showed up around 3:15 today, so I hurried to get all of my stamps cut and assembled. I am very very particular about trimming my stamps, so it may take me longer than the rest of you to get that done. I don't like any unneccessary rubber left behind. I don't end up with many accidental inkings on my cardstock that way. Isn't that background stamp gorgeous? It's going to be so much fun because it is going to be perfect to make your own designer series paper with. All you need is the stamp, ink and paper and a little bit of creativity.

This card was made for the Color Challenge and all of the cardstock and ink colors are the same - Elegant Eggplant, Ruby Red and Certainly Celery. I do have my sentiment and images stamped on Whisper White. I followed the layout Beate had posted last weekend for her sketch challenge. I added some silver organdy ribbon, silver twine and vintage brads. The larger image is up on a dimensional. I thought about maybe using this for my swap card, but I don't think I can cut out everything 36 times. I am glad I still have some time to play before I have to narrow down my ideas.

3 comments:

Mary C. said...

I am so jealous. Mine don't come until tomorrow! Thanks so much for posting quickly and giving us a peek of the fun to come!

Heather said...

Wow, I love how dramatic the colors are! Just gorgeous!

beate said...

SWEET!