May 7, 2007

Try a New Technique


Just yesterday my husband and I were talking about the end of the school year and he commented that it seems like we just dropped Colin off for his first day of school yesterday. I can't believe he'll be finished with his first day of Preschool on May 25th. When they say Time Flies, it really does.
When today's challenge focused on the end of the school year and gifts for teachers I knew just what to make. I love the Au Chocolate paper as I said in my last post, so I pulled out some more to use. I adhered it to the tin with Sticky Strip simply because I do not get along well with Mod Podge. I usually end up with more on my hands then on my project and I am not patient enough to work out all the excess which usually results in wrinkled paper and therefore my finished product is ruined. After I put on the paper I used some Ivory grosgrain ribbon on the seam.
I was thinking of stamping an image and matting it for the front when I spied my Prima flowers and I knew I couldn't go wrong with Pink and Brown. Aren't these flowers gorgeous? And I got them for FREE from Paperosity, so if you want some just like these head on over and click on the embellishments link. Thank you SCS and Paperosity! After I added the flowers with the green brads that were also in my Prima package I added some ribbon scraps I had left over to the handle. I have a mixture of organdy and grosgrain ribbon, some of it is from Stampin' Up! and some is from Michaels.
Now that we are getting near the end of the school year I realized that tomorrow is my last day that I'll be reading to the preschoolers in the library. I will save this gift for the end of the year picnic that is coming up soon. I promised all of the kids Tattoo's from my Stampin Up! Tattoo kit.
Jenn

1 comment:

Kris said...

Jenn this is a GORGEOUS tin! I have just started altering the lunch tins and I love them. Don't give up on Mod Podge! It took me a few times to get it all worked out (ok more than a few) but once I finally got it down well I just love it, and it's perfect for wiping down when little sticky fingers get ahold of things :)