May 14, 2007

Try a New Technique Challenge


I stamped! I didn't think I'd have the time. We had a little adventure here in our household today. I put Evan down for a nap and Colin was laying quietly in front of the television after playing outside in the heat this morning. The door bell rings and UPS brought my my order of SNAIL. I had been running low, so I figured I'd stock up. I took a few seconds to take the package down to the basement to my stamping space to find Colin handing me a bottle of mustard. "Look Mommy, the cats took this!". How or why he thinks I would believe the cats opened the fridge, took out the yellow mustard and opened it is beyond me. I walked toward his bedroom and I was hit with the overwhelming smell of mustard wafting out at me. I investigated a little farther only to find his walls streaked, his bedding stained and the floor covered in YELLOW MUSTARD!!! I got it all cleaned up, but the walls are still stained, as is the carpet and bedding. He told me he wanted to paint his room yellow instead of blue. I think there are better ways to get that accomplished. Right now I have him trapped down in my stamping room which is also partially his play room, but he is grounded from the TV for the rest of the day. "But I didn't even to get to watch my one show" is his protest. Such is life.

The goal of the challenge was to create a 3 X 3 warm up card to get the creative juices flowing and each card could not take more than 15 minutes to create. I was surprised at how easily they came together. The first one uses Polka Dots and Petals along with the sentiment from Greetings Galore. I used Cool Caribbean for my base and layered it with Taken with Teal, Petals and Paisley Designer series paper and Whisper white. The ink colors are Cool Caribbean and Taken with teal and I used Versamark to stamp the circles at the bottom of the card. I added a Vintage Brad along with a circle of Marigold Morning on the circular layer.

This second card is made with Cranberry Crisp and Au Chocolate papers. I folded over the top portion of the paper so you can see both sides. The flower was stamped with Cranberry Crisp and Chocolate Chip onto Very Vanilla and was matted with Chocolate Chip and held together with a Vintage Brad. The circle is popped up on dimensionals.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I love both of these!! Super cute. TFS!

beate said...

Jenn, does Colin's room still smell like Mustard? Oh my...that's horrible now, but it will makes a good story and you will be able to chuckle about it later. Believe me, I know. My son Lucas got in all kinds of trouble as a toddler.

Love both of your cards. They look wonderful!

Jana M said...

These cards are so cute! You do such beautiful work.

MUSTARD???!!! Oh goodness I bet that was a horrible mess.

Saliber said...

The cards are just beautiful... as for Colin, he needs his own reality show!! He would be a hit! :-D