May 19, 2007

Stampendous Bees!



Beate has a sketch challenge posted on her blog, and since I have always wanted to make a card with a similar sketch I figured I'd go for it. I started off on the computer in Paint Shop Pro. I set it up so that my image was 5.5" in width and 4.5" in height. I drew a vector elipse with my preset shapes and stretched it out to my liking. When I was happy with the curve I converted it to a raster layer and duplicated the layer. I had the first oval in the bottom left of my screen and moved the duplicate to the top right. I then erased the lines that didn't connect in the middle and ended up with a gentle curve. I printed it out and set it to the side.

I used basic black for the card base and decided on My Mind's Eye ds paper for the top of the card. I cut it to 5 1/4" X 3 1/2". I then cut out my card sketch I had made and put it on top of my designer series paper, cut along the wavy line I made and it was that simple. I then adhered a piece of basic black cardstock that was 5 1/4" X 3 3/4" to the back of my designer series paper. I then used decorative scissors to cut along the edge. The rest was simple. I layered Brocade Blue onto my card base and then added the wavy layer. The oval is in Always Artichoke and was punched out for me by Beate. I cut out one of my Stampendous Bee images that I got through Wish-RAK to fit in the center and colored him in. The colors I chose were Marigold Morning, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Ruby Red and Always Artichoke. I had admired the coloring on one of Beate's cards and chose to CASE her color scheme. I wanted to add a bit of ribbon and I think the one I chose is too sublte, but I ran out of my black polka-dots yesterday. I must make a trip to Michael's for more. The sentiment is from Blooming with Happiness and was stamped with Brocade Blue.

I hope you all have a great Saturday! I spent last night Stampin' My Heart Out with VSN and there are more challenges today. I will share those cards with you over the next few days.

Jenn

No comments: