May 2, 2007

Pink Happiness



It has been a long time since I was able to complete one of the color challenges at Splitcoaststampers. This week it was to use any combination of pinks, so I chose to use Pretty in Pink and Close to Cocoa with some Whisper White thrown in for good measure.

When I signed up to be a Stampin' Up Demonstrator I would have never thought I would use so much Pretty in Pink cardstock. I am not a girly girl by any means and to me this was a girly girl color. However, when I saw pink used in combination with black and brown I fell in love with it. Now I am hooked and I probably order more Pretty in Pink than I ever thought I would. It's right up there with Certainly Celery that is for sure.

My cousin has a birthday on Saturday and on Sunday she is coming to one of my classes, so I made this card for her. So sorry if you are reading this, but I spoiled the surprise. I used Polka Dots and Petals with Regal Rose classic ink and then I rocked and rolled it in Close to Cocoa before stamping the flowers. I then used the Close to Cocoa marker and freehanded in some stems. I added a few vintage brads and then sponged my paper with Close to Cocoa ink. Happiness comes from my Warm Words stamp set that I bought last month with the 20% off promotion. The flowers were punched out with my Daisy punch. Finally I added some Ivory narrow organdy ribbon to tie it all together. I also used the Ticket corner punch to decorate the corners of the Whisper White layer.

I got the idea for the layout from a card I saw in PaperCrafts magazine last month. It uses similar colors and the layout is tweaked to fit my design, but I think it works well.

Now I'm off to try out the Sketch Challenge for this week.

No comments: