May 17, 2007

A No Stamping Day


I have not had a chance to stamp anything today but a few Wish RAK's that I sent out in the mail. Last week one of the SCS challenges was to use Wide Open Spaces. To accomplish this you couldn't use background stamps, designer paper or anything to fill the space but plain ole' regular cardstock.
To rise to the challenge I even tried out a new card size and card base is a 5 1/4 square of Regal Rose. I think this is one of my favorite colors. I go through packs of it quite quickly. I did layer some Au Chocolate Designer series paper on it and even used some to stamp the top layer of my You Make Me Happy flowers onto with Regal Red classic ink. The bottom layer of the flower is stamped on Whisper White with Rose Red ink as is the sentiment. The center of the flower is So Saffron and the top of the flowers are adhered with dimensionals. I tied it all together with Ivory Organdy ribbon.
Hopefully now I can sneak off and stamp! Colin had his preschool picnic today even though it was freezing cold out. Then he had 2 appointments so it was a crazy busy afternoon. In the middle of all of that I even found time to cut the lawn. It was in need of a mowing. Tomorrow Roger is taking the day off so that will probably mean no stamping again.

2 comments:

Marie said...

This is SO CUTE!!! I love the colors and the layout. Great job with the challenge!!

beate said...

Love it. Love the double layered flowers, the colors...everything!