May 24, 2007

More Crayon Resist!


Today was Colin's last day of school until September. It is so hard explaining to a 4 year old that you aren't going to be going back to school for a few months. It has been a few teary eyed days in this household. The weather has been gorgeous, hot but gorgeous and we have been spending a lot of time outside. Last night after dinner I decided I still had enough energy to jog a few miles on the treadmill and then I would post. I did a few miles and couldn't move off of the couch. So I am sorry there was no update or new project.
I am behind on challenges at SCS, but I am catching up. This first card is for the color challenge, but I also decided to do a little more with the crayon resist technique from my last post. I used a stamp set from a Simply Sent kit called Remembering You. I stamped the flower image 3 times onto Glossy White cardstock with Versamark. I then traced the outline in white crayon. After I finished I sponged Really Rust just into the center of the flower and then sponged the rest with More Mustard. When the ink was dry I wiped off the white crayon and it left me with a white flower outline. I think this would have worked better as a Embossing Resist card so I will try that when my big SU! box arrives on Wednesday. I finally broke down and bought the heat gun and some embossing supplies! I have been wanting them for a long time so I am excited. I decided that my flowers needed some leaves so I stamped them off with Old Olive ink before adding them to my Glossy White layer. I then stamped the leaf repeatedly along the bottom edge of the cardstock. The cardstock includes, Certainly Celery, Vintage Violet, Palette O'Prints and Glossy White. I added a little Mustard Grosgrain ribbon and stuck it all together.

My next project was the Ways to Use it Challenge and this week we were asked to use Yoyo yellow. I had a hard time coming up with what to do, but since this color is so summery I went with a flip flop card. I associate flip flops and summer so what could be better? I found the outline in a magazine a while ago and I think it was Papercrafts and Stamp It's compliation book. I cut out the card, stamped the Polka Dots from Polka Dots and Petals in Versamark and then outlined the flip flop and strap with my black Stampin' Write marker going around each twice. The flower was stamped onto Whisper White with Jetblack Stazon and I highlighted the center with Only Orange, which is the same color as the cardstock used for the strap of the shoe. I also added some Green Galore leaves stamped on Whisper White. The strap and flower are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

3 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Hey sweets. Saw you post on SUDSOL and had to come visit. So glad I did. What a great blog. Lin

Saliber said...

I love the flip flop card! How cute! You are so creative Ms Jenn!

Drew's last day of school is Tuesday, I don't know he will do without seeing his friends till August!

Jana M said...

Jenn!

I love the flip flop card!! Great job.