May 16, 2007

Lots O' Doodles



Today's sketch challenge was just that, a challenge! I started off knowing I wanted to use the green polka dotted side of the Petals and Paisley designer series paper and went from there. I don't pull my Doodle That stamp set out enough. For some reason the smaller stamps are hard for me to work with. I don't know if it is because I see this huge unfinished canvas and a tiny stamped image or what it is. But I knew it would work perfectly with this layout.

Once I had my designer paper cut out and ready to go I had to decide what other colors were going to be in my combination and having a Color Coach really makes it easy. I used More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Close to Cocoa and Whisper White. The background is stamped with the smaller flourish from the Doodle This stamp. I love those flourishes and I hope to see more of them with the new catalog that will be here on July 1st. I stamped the flower with Jetblack stazon and used my AquaPainter to color it in with Old Olive and Brocade blue and then used Bashful Blue to outline it and give it some dimension. The sentiment was supposed to be placed above the square image, but I liked it better off to the side. To finish the card off I used 3 vintage brads.

Even though the initial card was a challenge for me I am willing to try it out again. I find that things get easier with practice. First I have to make dinner. We are having copycat Waffle House waffles and we all love them.

Jenn

1 comment:

beate said...

Gorgeous colors! Love the sets you chose. Great card for this difficult layout challenge!