May 15, 2007

Just another Ordinary Day????

I am ready to pack Colin up and send him off to boarding school! Roger has been taking a class in downtown Chicago these last two days so he has had a really early start to his morning. That has left me in charge of both Colin and Evan from the time they wake up until after dinner. My alarm went off as usual on a school day. I got up and got dressed and we normally open Colin's door around 7 am to get him ready for a school day.



Today I walked out of my room and catch a glimpse of movement out of the corner or my eye, followed by Colin exiting the bathroom. He put something down on the counter while he was walking out so that was my first clue that something was up. Not fully awake I asked him what he did. The sentence started out with "The cat was in my bathroom . . . ". All of my senses were on alert and that is when the scent of baby wash hit my nose and I noticed the nice sheen on the bathroom floor. Last night we had given them both a bath and while we always put the baby wash back in the linen closet it somehow had gotten missed and left out. The entire economy sized bottle was poured over the bathroom floor. It took 3 bath towels to get the slippery mess up and another two to get the floor at least walkable.


I finish that and get breakfast ready and while I am getting the waffles out of the toaster I see a milk cup go flying across the room. An entire 12 oz glass of milk went spilling across my kitchen floor. Instead of stamping I spent this morning cleaning. I had to wash both the bathroom and kitchen floor so I just up and cleaned the entire house.


The minute Roger walked in the door I claimed "Break Time" and went downstairs to stamp. I knew what layout I was going to use. It has been in my mind all day and I knew I wanted to do the color challenge, so that was an easy start. I got the sketch from Julie's blog. The colors for today's challenge were Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal and Green Galore was optional. I had paper from My Mind's Eye that had both Rose Red and Tempting Turqoise in it so I was good to go. I used the same ink colors and Big Blooms and Warm Words stamp set. The scalloped circle and May arts ribbon were from Beate's blog candy contest. I added 3 silver eyelets and a few dimensionals. I am quite happy with the results.


I got this wonderfully gorgeous card in the mail today! Alison sent it to me as a thank you for the blog candy she had won a while back. Isn't it gorgeous! Thank you Alison!

1 comment:

Shadowcatcher said...

Your card is beautiful. Love those blooms. And such cute happy mail...lucky you!