May 1, 2007

I've been Tagged!

So Alison at Stampin' When I Can tagged me on Saturday, but I was out all day long at a Vendor Fair and then I had a Bridal Shower to go to on Sunday. I didn't want you all to think I have been ignoring her, but I wanted to give it the quality time it deserved.

7 Things about Me:

1) I am the oldest of 3 children. My sister is just 9 months younger than I am and for 2 1/2 months out of the year we are the same age. We used to fight all of the time because she would always state that we were the same age and I'd always argue, "No, I'm 9 1/2 months older". I also have a younger brother, that is 3 years younger than me.

2) I grew up playing musical instruments. It started with the Recorder in school and then I started to play the clarinet when I was about 8. From there I played several instruments - French Horn, Piano, Saxophone, Guitar and a whole list of others. I even liked to play the Accordian, until my dad got rid of it. I played in Marching Band and in Symphonic Band until I was 18. I wanted to be a Conductor and thought about teaching music at one point in my life. I just wasn't disciplined enough to practice all of the time and by the age of 18 I had TMJ and my jaw would painfully pop all of the time.

3) I have 2 degrees from DePaul University in Chicago. I was the 3rd generation in my family to attend there. My grandmother, father, and all of my siblings have a degree from DePaul. I graduated in 1997 with my B.A. in Secondary Education English. Then I got my M. Ed in 2000 in Language Literacy and Specialized Instruction. I also got my certification in Behavior Disorders and Learning Disabilties.

4) While in college I decided to study abroad. I spent a semester at the University of Sheffield in Sheffield, England. While there I took the opportunity to travel all over Europe. I saw almost all of England, Scotland, Ireland, Poland, Germany, the Cech Republic, Hungary, Spain and a slew of other countries. I don't regret this decision one bit.

5) I taught for 6 years in Alternative High Schools before becoming a Stay-At-Home-Mom. I had my own self-contained Behavior Disordered and Learning Disabled classroom. While I loved teaching I don't currently plan on returning to this career field. I am hoping to have built up my Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator career enough to afford me the opportunity to do this on a full time basis. They make the continuing education requirements too strict, in my opinion, to keep your teaching certificate and I was in a high burnout environment.

6) I met my husband on the internet about 8 or 9 years ago. I am terrible with dates and always have to ask him the year. It was a complete fluke that we met and we will be married for 6 years this fall. I got married 11 days after September 11th and almost my entire wedding party was stranded out of town with no airlines flying in any direction. It all came together and it was a lovely celebration.

7) I always think of myself as a very shy person, but people I meet tell me I am really outgoing. That always surprises me. I used to hate talking in front of people, but I guess teaching turned me into a talker.

Most everyone I know has been tagged, so I am going to look for people who have responded to my blog candy in hopes of tagging someone for the first time!

Here we go, in no particular order . . .
Kimberly
Paula
Lisa
Tiffany
April
Yosha
Kimmie

Check out these awesome blogs!

Jenn

No comments: